Little guys like me are a big market
Look around at the growing number of pet care businesses and you’ll see an industry that's booming.
- There are now approximately 86 million cats and 78 million dogs owned as pets in the United States.
- Today, 62% of all US households own a pet—that's 72.9 million homes.
- In 2011, Americans spent $50.96 billion on their pets.
- In 2012, spending on pets is expected to reach nearly $53 billion.
- Pet owners don't like picking up poop today, the didn't like it yesterday, and they still won't like it in 2057.
A foot in the door doesn't cost an arm and a leg
One of the lower-cost franchise opportunities on the market today, the cost to open up a DoodyCalls unit ranges from $42,230 to $59,030.
Building success from the ground up
DoodyCalls was founded by Jacob and Susan D'Aniello in 2000. From the very beginning it was clear that a strong demand for pet waste removal services existed in the United States. With a strong vision, a thorough training program, effective marketing plans, extensive PR support, and a proven strategy for developing commercial and residential accounts simultaneously, DoodyCalls built its client base and became profitable very quickly.
DoodyCalls began franchising in 2004. Today, DoodyCalls is the largest systematized pet waste removal franchise in the United States, with franchises across the country run by independent owner-operators.
Put plainly—DoodyCalls is cleaning up.
Whimsical marketing, serious brand
To get past the less-than-glamorous subject matter and build DoodyCalls into the nationally recognized pet services brand it is today, we have mastered the art of whimsical marketing supported by serious public relations. We have twice been named to Entrepreneur Magazine's esteemed Franchise 500 list and have received attention by hundreds of other news outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Associated Press, Businessweek, Inc., FORBES and a long list of others.
“When nature calls, we answer!”
Answering the call of Doody
Joining an established brand in the pet-care industry has its perks. With more than 12 years under our belt, we're able to provide every DoodyCalls franchise owner with the systems, training and support they need to get their business off the ground and picking up new clients fast.
As a DoodyCalls Franchisee, You'll Benefit From:
- Our professional Customer Care Center located at Doo'Ville—our national headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- A large and growing collection of professionally designed marketing materials.
- Proven marketing and business development plans.
- Access to state-of-the-art scheduling, route management, and invoicing systems.
- Professional in-house public relations campaigns and support.
- Ongoing training and business support.
- A low initial investment in equipment, allowing you to invest additional capital in building a client base and driving new business.
|Initial Investment Range:
||$42,230 to $59,030
Additionally, during the first twelve months of opening your DoodyCalls franchise, we will reimburse you up to $12,500 in approved advertising and promotional expenses.
To Request Information
The best way to learn about DoodyCalls franchise opportunities is to get in touch with us directly. When you're ready to talk, simply fill out the Request Information form, and we'll be in touch shortly thereafter, or you can give our Director of Franchise Recruitment, Paul Martell, a call at 603-746-2056.
Next: Capitalizing on a Growing Market >>
This web site and the franchise sales information on this site do not constitute an offer to sell a franchise. The offer of a franchise can only be made through the delivery of an FDD. Certain states require that we register the FDD in those states. The communications on this web site are not directed by us to the residents of any of those states. Moreover, we will not offer or sell franchises in those states until we have registered the franchise (or obtained an applicable exemption from registration) and delivered the FDD to the prospective franchisee in compliance with applicable law.